East Durham City Youth Scheme (EDYs) provides ground-breaking youth work to the communities of Gilesgate, Sherburn and Shadforth in County Durham.
EDYs is run by the Anglican parishes of St Giles, Durham, St Mary’s, Sherburn & St Cuthbert’s, Shadforth. We employ our youth & community worker Becky to deliver a variety of roles across our community.
In our community, EDYs:
- Does Detached youth work in Gilesgate, Sherburn & Sherburn Hill
- Runs the weekly drop-in youth club ‘SCUFFs’ in Shadforth
- Delivers Messy Church in Sherburn Village
- Has conversations with young people to boost their confidence, leadership & life skills
- Networks with community groups to help improve the lives of the young people in our city and villages.
How is EDYs funded?
EDYs is funded exclusively through grant funding and donations. We’re trying to raise money to allow our youth and community worker to sustain & develop the work that they are doing in all of our communities.
Donate to EDYs
You can donate to this cause through our BT MyDonate page using the link below. All donations go directly to the EDYS youth project, enabling us to deliver the projects that we currently do.